Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolutions! (2012 Edition)

Gonna make this a short post because I’m not really “feeling it” today (kinda tired). 

I just wanted to list my New Year’s resolutions for 2012 in hopes that they’ll get accomplished this time (even though I didn’t do all of the ones I made for 2011). 

Lose weight (again) – At the end of 2010, people pointed out that I was a lot thinner than I used to be, so I stopped watching my weight and relaxed my exercise routine a bit.  I guess it paid off because now I’m finding my stomach sticking out a bit more and pants fitting a little less than they used to.  So I’m getting back into shape…..or trying to; I’m almost thirty and am wondering if I’m just starting to gain all the weight that people do when they get older. 

Find a new job – I always say I’m going to do this, but the company keeps pulling me back in with offers of promotions, my own business cards, and a higher salary.  The inter-office co-worker drama is starting to show, though.  So hopefully this is the year I finally break free from the job that’s been so good to me. 

(Re)Start writing stories – I just miss doing this.  I hope I still haven’t lost whatever talent I had at this….! 

See more shows – this includes seeing more plays & going to more shows to see bands / artists that I like.  It’s going to be tough (and expensive), but I’m off to a good start – They Might Be Giants is playing at UCLA Live at the end of the month & I already have tickets!   

Use Wikipedia for reasons other than looking up plots to popular TV shows – self explanatory. 

Lastly, I’m switching back to Xanga; Blogspot is nice and all, but I really miss the sense of “community” that I had with Xanga and none of the bells & whistles of the other blogging sites can match that. 

Thanks for the domain, blogspot!  I’ll keep you up & check in from time to time!  

1 comment:

Aaron423 said...

This is very enjoyable! Oooh it makes me want to look up Mary Tyler Moore shows on Wikipedia....thanks for the tip, even though your resolution was actually to NOT use Wikipedia for this.

It was great to spend time with you guys!