Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Psychic's Influence

My brother went to see a Psychic about a month ago.  He went with a friend of his - mostly for moral support (or so he said) - and had his fortune told. 



A few days later, he called to tell me what the Psychic had to say - about me. 

And I had to admit, I couldn't wait to hear what the Psychic said.  

She (the Psychic) seemed to know that our Dad passed away -- albeit ten years ago, and not "recently" as the Psychic indicated -- and that his spirit was still lurking around our house......and that he was worried about me; specifically my "financial problems."  

Not sure if that was the reason my Dad hasn't moved on yet -- the psychic didn't say -- but it was important enough to my brother for him to mention it to me.  

My mom also called me the same day to ask if I needed money.

The next week my mom told me she wants to get our house blessed and asked if I wanted her to wait until my usual trip back for Christmas. 

Now lemme just say that I'm not a big believer in Psychics, ESP or the afterlife; my family's not religious and I personally don't believe in life after death.  Don't get me wrong, I personally think religion's great (when used correctly), I just choose to believe in Science. 



But on the off chance that we're wrong and there *is* an afterlife, it doesn't hurt to take a Psychic's advice every now and then, does it? 

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?   DO YOU BELIEVE IN AN AFTERLIFE? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're dad is hanging around cause he knows your mom needs the support, just a thought..

I'm not too big into psychics I'd honestly rather not know because I've had people with that gift in church tell me such things :/ I prefer tarot readings. If you come home for Christmas you can ask Dane for one

Kevin Petway said...

I've watched several (one) documentary describing the process many "psychics" use to get information out of people -- then throw it back at people as vague but surprising revelations. It's been illustrated in a few television shows/movies too.

I think ESP would be cool but I will stick to my guns: "psychics" have no extrasensory skills. They are probably great at sizing up people (understanding personalities), good with words, and well aware of probability, all of which make them good investigators. It doesn't hurt that many people who actually put in the effort to see a psychic will forgive errors and exaggerate successes (because they want to believe). A psychic need only say "I am getting a faint impression..." or something like that to cover their asses too.

Psychics can hurt your wallet if you're not careful!