Monday, April 25, 2011

No More Coffee?


So I think I have to quit Coffee….at least for a while.   

I’ve been having some prolonged problems with my stomach lately (heartburn, acid reflux, etc) and while I’m hoping I haven’t come down with an…

.
.
.

U

L

C

E

R
.
.
.

….it seems like I might have one.  

I’m not sure how I came down with it, either, but I think a lot of it had to do with stress, the cold I came down with because of the stress, the Advil I was taking, and all the junk food / late night snacks I’ve been eating with my roommate.  Alone, none of those things are bad enough to cause indigestion at my age, but the combination of all of them pushed past my poor stomach’s defenses and got through with its acidic evils, causing my doctor to give me a prescription and send me down to the lab for some blood work. 

I MISS YOU, BABY!
This really sucks because coffee shops are *EVERYWHERE.* 

I feel socially handicapped because of this.  Getting coffee has become the modern-day equivalent of smoking - it's the all-purpose excuse occasion for social activity!

.....and until I get better, I'm gonna be missing out on that.

I’ve gone “Cold-turkey” without my lady caffeine for a good week, hoping that would be enough time, but it doesn’t seem like it; I had a couple  sips this morning after eating some cereal and milk, but still felt it in my stomach like I did when this problem first started. 

I’m hopeful, though.  This is very similar to something I had in the past where it turned out to NOT be an ulcer, and my stomach healed rather quickly.  (at least, that’s how I remember it)   

I’m gonna wait another week and see if my stomach can handle coffee by next Monday.  If not, I’m just going to have to quit altogether. 

Anyone else have this problem?   
Any suggestions / tips?  

No comments: