Monday, August 8, 2011

Sleep Self-Hypnosis


Last night I made the mistake of falling asleep with the TV on and now I’m worried it may have screwed with my head. 

I had a DVD playing (Season 2 of Arrested Development) and it has one of those “looping scenes” in their main menu where they play clips from the show over and over unless you do something about it.  



Anyway, I remember dreaming about specific lines from the show…and people saying them over and over again (Imagine a world where you try and speak to someone and they only repeat the same sentence over and over again; it’s hauntingly terrifying). 

When I woke up, I realized this was due to the fact that I had the TV on so loud that I could hear those lines in my sleep….and that they were influencing my dreams. 

Now I’m a little worried about how *else* those looped scenes might have affected my sub consciousness.  

This is your brain on TV media

If I start acting funny, get me professional help, okay? 

1 comment:

Kevin Petway said...

You could have worse influences (e.g. Twilight). At least your subconscious was penetrated by such an intelligent (but sometimes outwardly dumb) comedy like ArrDev... I love that show!

I will note if you start saying "Steve Holt!" though, and will gladly send you to the appropriate facility.