Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What does it mean?

I had the strangest dream last night.  

I dreamed that I was out in the ocean by some harbor and casually swam into the open mouth of a Blue whale that came up to the surface. 

The inside of the whale mouth was furnished with nice couches and tables, etc. but flooded waist-deep with water.  Also - the inside of the whale’s mouth was transparent (like glass) so I had a really nice view of the ocean from the whale’s perspective.  



My first thought upon seeing this - “what’s the rent on a whale like this, and can I afford it?” 

Then I noticed this girl floating / sleeping / drifting next to me.  She was a girl I knew from college.  On the far side of the whale, I saw a guy I went to high school with doing the same thing (floating). 

The whale then dived down back into the ocean and only then did I start panicking:  

 “How the hell am I going to get out of here??” 

I grudgingly woke up the girl floating next to me and explained to her my problem and she casually explained to me that the whale goes back to the surface for air every few hours or so and that I could probably leave then. 

Now calmer (but still a little freaked out), I swam over to the “window” of the whale and admired the view of the ocean. 

And then I woke up. 

ANY PSYCHO-ANALYSTS WANNA TELL ME WHAT MY DREAM MEANS?  

(Don’t say “I have a whale fetish” cuz it’s not true)

1 comment:

clearisacolour said...

I'm no psycho analyst, but go to http://dreammoods.com and look up the words: swimming, whale, ocean, window, trap, apartment and floating.

I used to study dreams for a while and the website, although pretty rudimentary, is a good mash of the better information from most all the books I've read. You just need to know what keywords are actually relevant to the dream.