Friday, February 26, 2010

My "Pilot Season" Age

If TV has taught me anything, it’s that life begins at twenty-seven.

Think about it: Look at all the great sitcoms on TV: Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, Friends, etc.

The main characters of these shows were all twenty-seven years of age when they began.

So now that *I'm* twenty-seven, I’m wondering when my life will spin out of control and start me down a hilarious roller coaster of situational comedy.

  • Will I start a new job and have to endure the antics of my crazy co-workers?
  • Or will my best friends get married and inspire me to find the love of my life?
  • Maybe a sexy new neighbor will move in next door and bring me out of my nerdy shell?
  • Perhaps rumors of redundancy will cause my boss to come up with zany reasons to boost morale?

Personally I’m hoping to download a top secret government computer into my brain.

Now before you go and say “But Stuart, that’s TV; it’s not real!” let me just say that art imitates life as much as life imitates art – so I believe that if I live my life as wackily (is that a word?) as the people on TV do, I will somehow go through major character development on a weekly basis. (There’s gotta be a method to the madness, right?)

As long as I throw in funny sarcastic quips about everything that happens around me as I do.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that you are thinking positive about your age. I once read in a book that every great person in the music industry or something has died at our age. Just a thought, but I'm clearly hoping for the positive :)

Kevin Petway said...

I'm super eager to see how your life plays out from now on. It can only go up... your age I mean. I happen to know that a top secret branch of the Government is working on a new chip that, when implanted in your kidneys, allows you to mentally control when you urinate. Interested in being the next Urinsect?