Monday, February 1, 2010

When meeting a celebrity....

It’s true what people say: there are a lot of celebrities that live in Los Angeles.

But contrary to popular belief, they aren’t ‘everywhere.’ I mean, they’re around somewhere, but you don’t actually expect to see one walking down the streets. So when you do see one, it’s still a pretty big deal.

……it’s kind of like spotting a Deer in the Forest!


In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s how celebrities should be treated: like the wild majestic deer.
Let me explain: I believe that most celebrities just to go about their daily lives unmolested. Sure they want their work acknowledged, but mostly they’d like to be left alone. So when you see one, don’t freak out and make a big deal out of it – they’ll get scared and scamper away. Instead, just admire them from a distance; maybe point out to your nearby friends in a hushed whisper: “hey, isn’t that ______ from ___________??”

Now celebrities aren’t blind. Or deaf for that matter. (well, Marlee Matlin is, but do you even know who she is?) They’re bound to notice you trying to non-chalantly admire them from a distance: they’ll look up, alert each other of the potential danger and may even stare back at you once they realize they’ve been recognized.

Hopefully, though, they’ll realize that you’re not a stalker / paparazzi, appreciate the fact that you respected their privacy, and start to relax. And maybe (Just MAYBE) if they’re not too preoccupied with whatever made them venture out into public in the first place, they’ll even come up to you and say hi.

(Or at least they should because “it’s all about the fans,” right?)

At this point, the only thing you can really say is “I’m a really big fan,” because anything else will just seem weird.

And this is exactly what I did when I saw Felicia Day, Jeff Lewis, Michele Boyd, & Teal Sherer from The Guild this past Friday while going to see “Proof” at the Noho Arts Center. They didn’t come up and say hi to me or anything, but that’s okay. I don’t think it would’ve ended well if they did.

See, I didn’t even know “The Guild” started their 3rd season and the person they came to see (who was performing in “Proof”) also plays a character from that season……so I would’ve been lying if I had actually said that I was a big fan of their show when I hadn’t actually seen their latest season.

Also, I think I saw Nicholas D'Agosto there, too. (he played Hunter – Jan’s assistant – in season 3 of “The Office”)

No comments: