Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ugh, not .AGAIN.

Hey there, everyone who (still) reads my blog!

So it's been a while since I last blogged; not sure if you knew this, but I turned 28 a couple weeks ago (hope you celebrated with me).  And while I usually write a post about what it means to age another year / how I celebrated it this year, my new job / the fact that there wasn't anything extraordinary about it prevented me from doing so.

Instead, I figured I would write another post about the most important patriotic duty that I'm obligated to fulfill as an American citizen (again): 

- Jury Duty -
  (again) 

That's right - I have to call in for Jury duty again - starting Monday (tomorrow).  And while I viewed it as a kind of paid vacation last time, I really want to avoid serving on a jury this time if that's at all possible.  (I have a lot of projects due this month and a few items that really need my personal attention and I'm just worried about what will happen if I leave it for someone else to do while I'm out). 

So I'm hoping that you, dear readers, have some kind of "secret strategy" that'll help make me seem like a less-than-ideal juror to lawyers and judges.  I've already asked some of my friends about this and they've given me the following advice:  

- Appear very racist.  (Jurors are supposed to be impartial). 
- Say you distrust all forms of authority (cops, lawyers, etc.)
- Say you know someone who works in law enforcement.  (Somehow, this always gets this one person I know excused).  
- Pretend you don't understand English very well. 


This makes me a bad American, doesn't it? 

**EDIT 3/12/11**
We got excused after the 2nd day when the trial I got called for settled out of court.  (Yaaaayy!) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, for the reason that I am in fact keen of reading
this website's post to be updated on a regular basis. It contains fastidious information.

my page ... great point