Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Love it or Leave it?

My digital camera broke a couple weeks ago.

Whenever I turn it on, it automatically zooms in as far as it can and doesn’t stop. Everything else seems to be working, but this “malfunction” is preventing me from using it. It’s almost as if the “zoom button” (there isn’t one – I have a “zoom dial” instead) is stuck down and I can’t get it to ‘un-stick.’

The camera in question ~ A Panasonic Lumix FX-3

I’m asking around to see if anyone knows of a good camera repair shop, but most of the people I’ve asked have been saying I should just chuck it & just buy a new one.

That seems wasteful – especially since it’s just a minor malfunction.

What do you all think? Does anyone know of a good camera repair shop I can go to? (The one I tried in Pasadena shut down)

Or do you all think I should get a new camera too? (Suggestions for a new one)

4 comments:

R.E.M. Borja said...

See how much it would cost to fix. If it's not worth it, then get a new one. They're not too expensive now. If you like your Lumix then keep it, but I've been loving my Canon. It takes great shots.

Kevin Petway said...

Try this place: http://www.walterscamerarepairs.com/

I haven't actually been... only seen it, but as far as I know they're still open and still repairing! Good reviews on google too.

It's located Downtown on Cesar Chavez Ave, just east of Figueroa (and north of the 101 Fwy).

Stoodert said...

Thanks Kevin! I'm going to try and go to that place this weekend.

Raul - what kind of camera do you have, specifically? (Model No. etc?)

R.E.M. Borja said...

I have a Canon SD 1200 IS. 10 megapixels. It's awesome. $149 on Amazon...tax-free!