Friday, March 26, 2010

The "Whatever Blog"

If any of you are interested in the history of blogging or the study of blogging social media, you should probably know the name “John Scalzi.”


He’s a freelance writer & sci-fi novelist who’s been blogging since the term was practically invented. I believe he holds the record for longest consistent blogger? (twelve years!)

I just bought his (latest?) book – “Your Hate Mail will be Graded” which is basically just excerpts from his blog – aptly named “Whatever” because it’s usually about *whatever* he wants to write about – and it’s been a pretty great read so far. The chapters are pretty short (as most blogposts are) and flow pretty nicely.


Anyway, enough plugging for one day. (I’ve been doing that a lot lately, haven’t I?)

3 comments:

-∆ said...

Was blogging really only out since 97-98? I guess I didn't get started until 2005 when I left for Japan. Can't believe the current one's been going for two years.

Stoodert said...

It must've; I always felt kinda proud for keeping my blog going since 2002, but I don't feel special anymore. :-p

Keep your blog going, man.

CHEAPTAP.CO.UK -- Enjoy the water, enjoy your life! said...

Which kind of taps can be called Waterfall Taps? Waterfall is a rare natural landscape in the city, for this rare Cheap Taps , designers add waterfall elements in to Kitchen Sink Taps and let your home will be able to get more closer to the nature.