Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Real Exciting, AmIrite?

Hey all – long time, no post!

Apologies about that – stuff’s been happening but not a lot of it’s “blog-worthy” y’know? Or…I guess it was AT THE TIME, but I was either AFK (away from my Keyboard) or just not in the mood to blog about it.

Plus, I still haven’t bought a new camera yet so I’ve got no pictures / video to go with some of the more “you had to be there” parts of the post.

So this’ll be just another mish-mash of “this is what I did” updates.

First off – I applied for another (higher-paying) position at my job……and didn’t get this one either. I was really surprised this time because I not only thought I did really well in the interview (which I didn’t feel last time) but pretty much everyone around me already assumed I got it before I even met with the Supervisor. But they ended up hiring someone from another branch (who, of course, had more experience) to fill the position.

After word got out about that, everyone came by to express their condolences / tell me not to ‘give up’ etc. But I was still kinda bummed. Just a note to anyone who’s trying to console someone in a similar situation: phrases like ‘cheer up’ is one of the last things people want to hear when they’re in a bad mood.

Moving on…..both Lauren & Warren came down for Labor Day weekend so OF COURSE we went to All Star Lanes for some bowling & Karaoke. The Karaoke Bar was pretty empty when we got there, so we were feeling pretty brave with out song choices. Have to thank Carol for daring me to sing Billy Idol’s “Dancing with Myself” – I think it turned out pretty good! (Or maybe that was a side-effect of the alcohol messing with my brain) 

Sometime over the next half of the 3-day weekend I got sick – some kind of fever / sore throat thing that I’m still not 100% over. That and Rob (my roommate) forgetting to pay our internet bill on time led to me being kinda bored the next couple of days. But I did manage to buy the Scott Pilgrimm vs. The World soundtrack. And don’t worry, all the good songs from the movie are on the CD. I had to think a bit about where to get the actual CD cuz all the record stores are pretty much extinct (ended up at Borders).

So yeah – that’s my past couple weeks in a nutshell. I’m planning on being more exciting next weekend, I promise.

No comments: