Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How many is Too many?

Just so everyone knows, I’m moving here from Xanga for a year to see what Blogspot (Blogger?) has to offer me.

If I like it, I’ll stay.
If not, I’ll move back to Xanga
…..(or go on to Wordpress)

But I figured that since all the people I know in real life seem to use this site, there must be something good about it.

(I am digging all these “lists” that I can make on the side panels)

Plus I already use this site for my other blog ~
Stuff Raptor Jesus Likes (although I haven’t thought of something that Raptor Jesus likes in over 6 months) ~ so I figured, “why not just move altogether?”

Perhaps the change will prompt me to think of more things Raptor Jesus likes?

In any case, that’s now 3 blogs that I (somewhat) manage.

I’ve heard that this isn’t an uncommon thing – a lot of people will keep more than one blog, devoting at least one or more to specific topics or themes while keeping at least one personal “journal / diary” type blog for themselves.

Anyway, on the off-chance that I *do* already have a following (of real life friends + xanga subscribers who also own blogspot accounts), I ask the following question:

How many blogs do you (currently) have?
(de-activated / neglected for over a year blogs don’t count)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Stuart! What a loaded question to ask... I have my main Rocky Time Warp Blog, a gay activism (sorta) blog, another gay activism (sorta) blog I cowrite, a now-dormant-ready-to-deactivate craft blog, and a tumblr blog. These days I'm focusing mostly on my main one and my tumblr, so I'd say two, mostly, with two more on the side?

Stoodert said...

Thanks for leaving me my first comment on this blog, Phil!

Wow - 4 blogs, huh? And I thought having 2 was pretty special...!

Jamie said...

well, stu i would say that i only have 2 blogs.Waut, if I transferred stuff to Myspace and use it as storage place for old blogs, does it count as a blog?

Stoodert said...

......I'm gonna say no. I'm counting "Myspace" as a 'social networking site with a blogging feature.' (Different from 'just a blog.')

Cuz if I did, I have 2 more blogs....and that's kinda crazy.