Monday, May 3, 2010

"And so it goes....!"

So I’m not sure how many of you remember me talking about a screenplay I wrote that a friend of mine was going to direct, but I thought I’d let you know that little project is over.

Without going into too much detail, I got an email from Rosa that suggested it just wasn’t going to happen.

Needless to say, I’m disappointed. Even though I knew from the start that it probably wouldn’t happen, I actually got it into my head that this might turn into an actual film. And that made writing it a lot of fun. But with everything Rosa’s dealing with right now, it wasn’t too high of a priority on her list so…..that’s that. .

Ah well, that’s the way it goes I guess. I tucked the latest (last?) draft of the script into one of the bottom drawers of my desk on the off-chance that I’ll ever need it again. I doubt I will, but I don’t really want to throw it away. I have a feeling that, at the very least, I’ll want to read it again the next time I open that drawer.

Anyway - onwards & upwards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw balls. On the upside, one of our Red House residents is a filmmaker. Let's run it by her?

Stoodert said...

If she wants to, I'm not gonna say no, (I emailed Andrew a copy of the first draft) but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

I'm sure she wants to make films that she writes first.