Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Moving - Phase I

I started “Phase I” of Moving this weekend by packing all the “box-able” stuff from my old Apartment and putting it into my new one. And while I was boxing everything, I noticed that I have a ton of useless junk in my place that I keep “JUST IN CASE” I ever need it:

• My assortment of funny hats
• Some old Halloween costumes
• A whole box full of VHS tapes
• Jackets that I never wear cuz I keep wearing this one hoodie all the time
• My old cell phone
• An artificial Christmas Tree
• My old cell-phone charger
• A portable CD Player
• I even still have my old laptop with the broken motherboard…..!

(Sorry, no pictures – pretty sure I boxed up my digital camera when I moved all my stuff, so I didn’t take any while moving)

I can’t believe I’ve accumulated so much crap in the last five years. I didn’t have this much in College. I had to store three, maybe four boxes tops. But now I have all these pots and pans and towels, etc. Dunno how much I’m going to be able to fit into my new place. It’s already fully furnished by my new roommate / the old roommate who left stuff there.

Everything I’ve moved in so far has been able to fit – even the useless junk listed above. (except the Christmas tree – I tossed that) But I haven’t moved any of the big stuff (my bed, desk, etc.) into my room yet and it IS a little smaller than my current one, so….I may have to get rid of some of that junk.

What I’m really hoping to keep is the big blue couch in our living room….but it has nowhere to go! Evan’s not taking it and I’m not gonna have room for it….so I guess it’s going to have to go on Craigslist….!

Anyway, Phase I of Moving is complete and now I look like I’m just squatting in my old apartment. Fortunately, I left some of the (boxable) bare essentials with me: my computer, some clothes & a few of my DVDs.

Plus – all of Evan’s stuff. We’re both planning on moving the majority of our stuff this weekend. (Memorial Day weekend)



SO IF ANYONE’S WILLING TO HELP *ME* MOVE THAT SATURDAY, (**HINT**) (**HINT**) I’D BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO MAKE IT WORTH THEIR WHILE!


This could be you!

4 comments:

R.E.M. Borja said...

I might be able to help. Let me know.

Stoodert said...

That would be amazing if you could, Raul!

It'd be this Saturday during the day; gonna be renting a U-Haul. I just need a couple people to help me move my bed, my desk and some portable kitchen supplies.

Anonymous said...

I'm available for moving help, and my car, as I've stated, is misleadingly spacious!

You haz mah number!

Stoodert said...

You are (as always) a lifesaver, Nico.