Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Wallet Comb

This post is for all the people who rag on me for keeping a comb in my wallet.

I know you all think it’s kind of a dorky habit.
I guess it seems kind of vain or even “douchbaggey,”

But you know what? I don’t see anything wrong with keeping one on me at all times. It definitely comes in handy whenever I have a “hair emergency” and need to look slick again at a moment’s notice which, for me, happens a lot.

I can get a horrifically bad case of “bed head” from time to time, especially when I let my hair grow out for a couple of weeks, and a lot of times hair gel just isn’t enough to tame this bad @$$ mane, y’know?


this guy could use a comb

This is actually a habit that I inherited from my dad – it was something he used to do that I noticed when I was little. I never asked him about it because I assumed everybody carried a comb in their wallet. But now that I know they don’t, I’m wondering how he came by it. Since he grew up in the 1950s, I’m guessing it was just a habit he carried with him from his high school days. He once told my brother and me that his friends used to call him “Japanese Elvis” so I suspect he used to be a greaser back in the day.


Can't imagine my Dad like this

Honestly, I’m surprised more guys don’t carry combs around in their wallets; it’s practical, like carrying a Swiss-army knife on your key chain, only better because nobody confuses a comb for concealed weapon THAT CAN BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU JUST LIKE THAT BY STUPID AIRPORT SECURITY WHO WON’T EVEN GIVE IT BACK EVER.


Anyway…..I think carrying a comb is practical.

And cool.

Cool like the Fonz.

So there.



AAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

No comments: