Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Outlook not so good?

So rather than tell you about my recent battle with the stomach flu (an exciting, yet graphically 'T.M.I.' story that I'm sure will haunt you for years), I thought I'd let you in on my recent attempts to move up the corporate ladder. 

See, last week I heard there was an opening in the department that works closely with mine (and pays better) so I applied for it, thinking I had a good shot at getting it. 

I'm assuming they were very interested in hiring me because they interviewed me right away (the very day I turned in my application).  

And at the time, I thought I did okay (I'm never really sure how well my interviews go) but now I'm not so sure. 



They initially told me I'd get an answer (good or bad) "by the end of next week."  (i.e. this week)  But they just called me and said they're still interviewing and will have an answer by the end of the week after this. 

That's not a good sign, is it? 

So I guess my interviewing skills need work.  Any tips?? 

1 comment:

mercurial said...

They may be required to interview all qualified candidates, or all internal applications. So the extension may have nothing to do with how they felt about your interview.

Also - I've gotten in the habit of sending semi ass-kissing thank you notes for interviews. I think that's put me in the lead for a job a few times now.