Thursday, July 29, 2010

I got lemons

So yesterday I found out I didn’t get that job / new position I applied for.

H.R. (somehow) left me a message on my work phone w/out calling – I guess so they could personal, yet non-confrontationally, break the news to me.

Now I told myself I wasn’t gonna get too worked up over not getting it, but I’m a little bummed about the whole situation.

I’m planning on channeling all my negative “bummed” energy into working towards my new goals (which I do have, just so you know) as well as getting feedback on what I did wrong / could’ve done better.


After all - "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eff. That is lame.

But good for you for being able to turn it around and not get too distraught over it.

They say make lemonade, but I say when life gives you lemons, make lemon meringue. Because that's a cake, and more difficult to make, but more delicious. After all, why settle for lemonade?

-∆ said...

Hey man. I'm not sure how much you'd been banking on this particular job, but I'm 100% behind the lemonade (or lemon meringue) sentiment. Getting T-toned is just an opportunity to walk to work where you never had one before. Chin up, bro.

Fred said...

Sorry to hear it man. Don't let it get you down