Monday, August 23, 2010

My New Obsession

So I’d like to show you some pictures from The Magic Garage 6 that I went to this weekend, (because honestly, words just don’t cut it at Art shows) but I can’t – because I didn’t buy a new camera yet. (It broke several weeks ago)

But here’s some words anyway: Evan had some oh his photographs posted up there so he invited a bunch of us for support. I went & I saw, along with Nico, Arturo, & Andrew (who I haven’t seen in a long while – I suggested they throw another party to remedy that) and got to listen to a few of the musical artists that were performing as well. (I thought Zaptra & Icy Lytes were particularly good)

So that’s that.

But what I really wanted to post today about is my new obsession, which is learning how to do this:


 
It’s called “The Big Apple” and when I first saw the swing team at Memories perform this, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I have about half of it memorized (up until “The London Bridge”) but still need to work on learning that last half.

Unfortunately, the rest of my practice group wants to work on Aerials – we’re having a workshop on that in October – so we’ve been doing all exercises where the follows jump / step / climb on us leads while we try our best to remain grounded. (My legs are pretty sore right now from being stood on last night) 

So I guess I'll have to learn it by myself. :-p



No comments: