Monday, April 12, 2010

A lot on my mind - Writing

So another thing that’s been troubling me / on my mind lately is this short film that I’m trying to make with Rosa.


She's (understandably) been taking a long time to read my first draft because she’s been busy trying to get into Colleges / Grad schools. But she finally got back to me saying she read it, liked it, and advised what the next step should be if we really wanted to do this.

That next step – finding money to produce this.

I suppose this is what prevents a lot of films from being made (both good & awful) but I’m hoping that we can find a way to overcome this. We’ve been brainstorming over emails this past week and have come up with several ideas; here’s what we’ve come up with (listed in order of likeliness):

- Yard sale
- Car wash
- Host a “fundraiser” party: (like a regular party – but people pay us money)
- Find someone “rich” willing to ‘invest’ in this movie.

I told her I’d be willing to “chip in a few bills” for this as my only goal for this film is to see it made, but I’m sure other people (Rosa included) would like to see some money out of all their time and effort. But as of right now, “Yard sale” seems to be our most likely choice.

Movie-making doesn’t seem so glamorous now, does it?



**UPDATE**
- I took the notes I got from everyone I sent my first draft to and am almost finished writing my second one. (Spent all Sunday writing - now I gotta re-edit it and see if it still flows / makes sense)


- Also spoke to Nico and apparently there's a website that helps with grants for artists? Not getting my hopes up, but if that's true and we can get some funding through it, that'd be awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BTW, hope that URL helps. Perhaps round up more peeps to be able to put together an application!