Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Obligatory 4/20 Post

For those of who don’t already know, April 20th is better known as “4/20,” which is kind of a ‘holiday’ for marijuana advocates. I’m not really sure why this particular date was chosen, (as I don't smoke) but the Wikipedia article I read on it says that it’s because, a long time ago (1971 A.D.) a bunch of teenagers in San Rafael, CA met at 4:20pm after school to search for a rumored abandoned crop of cannabis…..which they did not find.

Also – I guess cuz it’s close to Earth Day? (Thursday 4/22)

A
N
Y
W
A
Y,

To "celebrate the holiday,” I thought I’d share this clip from the movie: “Reefer Madness: the movie Musical.”


"The Stuff" by Ana Gasteyer

If you liked that, you should watch the rest of the movie. It's a great satire, not only of the original "Reefer Madness" (aka "Tell your Children!") but of all propaganda in general.

Now, personally, I don't smoke. But I didn't really have anything better to post about today & I'm a big fan of this movie (even if it is a musical), so I figured "why not?"

I'll try and write a better post later this week. Till then, have fun all of you lovers of the leaf!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

was today not chosen cause it matches the time as well?!? I somehow always thought it was some drug code in law enforcement...

Stoodert said...

Possibly! How "square" of me not to realize that myself! :-p

R.E.M. Borja said...

Christian Campbell is so cute!