Monday, April 26, 2010

My weekend - the Good

My schedule this past weekend was pretty jam-packed, so I’m gonna post this in sections:

PART I - THE GOOD
(mostly pics)

The weekend started off with a few evening festivities: my friend, Ryan, was having a birthday party that started off with dinner at Agra Café. The food was pretty tasty (and soft, which was very nice for me and my new braces) and surprisingly filling for what didn’t seem like a whole lot when we ordered it. I also got him this shirt since he shares my love of “cool t-shirts” (we all should, amIrite?). I originally thought about getting him a new sleeping bag (he’s really into camping right now and mentioned his current sleeping bag sucks) but good thing I asked (leading me to go with the shirt) because the ones he’s been looking at cost over $100!


Unfortunately, Carol & I had to leave the birthday festivities early because our old college buddy, Warren, was hosting a goodbye party at Mccabe’s that same night. We got there in time to celebrate the memory of Warren’s life in L.A., but unfortunately forgot our cameras to commemorate the event. (Although Warren’s facebook status the next day “Warren regained consciousness in a bathtub. Fortunately it was not filled with ice and I have all my kidneys," should give you an idea of how drunk everyone got)

The next day (Saturday) I hung out with Dario at Unique L.A. It was pretty interesting – here’s some pictures to help you see what I mean:






Bought a shirt, too!

From


Afterwards, I decided to finish my Saturday night off at the Pasadena Ballroom to see Stompy Jones play. (Always a good time! No pix, though – too busy dancing)

Finally, I woke up early on Sunday to attend the L.A. Times Festival of Books panels – there was one on Publishing (Editors Speak Out) & another on adapting books to movies (Page & Screen) that I attended.

The Publishing panel was pretty interesting – they talked a lot about how technology and a writer’s ability to “self-publish” has affected the Editing & Publishing industries and answered a lot of questions from the crowd.

Not mine, though (ran out of time). I think it would’ve been a good question, though: I wanted to ask what they thought of writers posting their work on their blogs: good idea? Bad idea? Does it matter?

Oh well. Here’s some pictures of a few things that went on at the Festival:







No comments: