Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Moving - Part 2

So I’m finally moved in to my new place! I should have pictures up of my new place by now but I’ve been pretty lazy the past couple days what with all the moving I’ve been doing lately.

Speaking of which, I’d like to give a big thanks to Raul, Bryan & Phil for taking time out of their busy Saturdays to help me!


The actual move wasn’t as painstaking as I thought it would be. It never is, but I somehow always dread it in the days right up to it. I woke up around 8AM that day just getting stuff together, folding clothes and putting everything I could think of in boxes for people to take with them. It’s a miracle I didn’t lose anything.

The one thing I didn’t plan for, though, was the renting of the U-Haul truck – BIG mistake on my part. Apparently Memorial Day weekend is the busiest time for companies like U-Haul because EVERYONE decides to move around that time. Fortunately, Evan’s parents (who have an Odyssey) called saying they wanted to help out too so I ended up not needing one. that day. (whoo!)

I still have to hang pictures and put some stuff in storage, but otherwise I’m all comfy in my new digs. I took a jog the other day to check out the neighborhood – and it is NICE. There’s a Blockbuster, Korean Super market, Marie Calendars, Starbucks & Jack in the Box all within walking distance and I live just a couple miles away from the Galleria & Americana!

My new roommate’s name is Robert (but we can call him Rob) and he seems pretty chill. He’s pretty ambitious though, which is an odd change of pace for me – when he’s not at his job, he’s working on starting his own internet business. I think he wants to be one of those dot.com millionaires one day cuz he keeps telling me about success stories of twenty-something millionaires who got rich from some business they started that a lot of people don’t think about.

Ex. Gumball machines that sell those really bouncy rubber balls. Apparently those things only cost a penny to make; but everyone buys them for a Quarter ~ that’s 2,500% profit! (Instant millionaire)

I can tell he’s been trying to make an effort to be friends with me – last night, he asked what my plans for dinner were tonight cuz he wanted to cook. I think that’s pretty awesome.

**EDIT 6/03/10**

I finally took some pictures.





2 comments:

R.E.M. Borja said...

You're very welcome. We barely did any work! The room is looking nice. When's the party?

Jamie said...

where did you find your roommate? Or did he come with the place?